Friday, October 25, 2013

Altered Art Matchboxes   

One thing you'll learn very quickly about me, is that I am obsessively intrigued by miniatures. Anything with a demure stature...okay TINY...captures my attention and ultimately, my adoration. It began as a child...and has multiplied with my accumulating years!

When I laid eyes on some of the matchbox altered "artifications" created by one of my favorite bloggers, Laura Carson, from "Artfully Musing", I was speechless. Her work is inspiring, impeccably done, and best of all, she has a gazillion FREE TUTORIALS!! I can spend hours looking at her blog!




Video Tutorial: Making a Matchbox Chest by Artfully Musing

I am just now preparing for several "Altered Matchbox" projects, and don't quite have my own photos available yet, though I am thrilled to share some links to get you started right away. I am including links to tutorials of a Matchbox Advent Calendar "Christmas Chest" that I found on "Artfully Musing" ....and a photo of a Christmas "Tree" Advent Calendar from Pinterest, with a link to a different, more detailed tree advent calendar tutorial. The flood of ideas that came to my mind after seeing these could not be stopped! What a fantastic miniature gift to share with a special child (or child-at-heart!) filled with magically delightful miniature gifts and candies.


Altered Matchboxes: "Christmas Chest" Advent Calendar Tutorial

Another fabulous matchbox by Laura Carson, is her Nutcracker...WOWWW!!




The above photo is from Pinterest with another Advent "Christmas Tree" Calendar (I am working to find the original source to share with you)

Below is a link to a great tutorial video on from Kell Belle Studio with directions on how to make
your own matchboxes. It's handy if you want to save time decorating the ugly ones available for purchase. And she quite generously shares a free template to accompany the video tutorial!

Matchbox Template & Video Tutorial

I will post photos of my "Top Secret" Matchbox projects as soon as they are available!
...Insert sinister crafty laugh here...{{bwahahahaha}}

Ta Ta for now, my Artsy Fartsy Friends!!
With Big Sugarplum Hugs...
Deenie



No comments:

Post a Comment