Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Eyes Have It!   

Paper Whimsy is Taking Paper Crafts to a Whole New Level...


I'm not much of a scrapbooker, (though I certainly should be, for all the photographs I'm constantly taking...hounding friends and pets and genetic links!). The memories are piling up, unsorted and a mess, but that's another "sorted" story for another time.
(Okay, so I'm "pun-y", what can I tell ya?!!)

Though I'm not of the classic Scrapbooking mindset, I am definitely of the "Scrap Crafting" mindset, much like the imagination that crafted these incredible 'Lover's Eye" Tokens, (by Paper Whimsy), which are inspired by elegantly handcrafted Victorian works of artistry.


In Victorian times, portraits of a lover's eye were painted on porcelain and worn as jewelry as good luck tokens. There are wonderful museum exhibits that highlight these luxurious antiquities.


"Lover's Eye" Museum Exhibition

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong century...I romanticize...but then I wake up and remember how much I appreciate indoor plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, and automobile travel, and I get over it! Let's just make replica crafts, play pretend, and be happy with that, okay my little chickadee? ...Okay!


These paper crafted focal pieces are a lovely way to creat a vintage style work of Art. If you print off the eyes of your own 'lover' (or beloved child), you could make a very personal and 
precious gift to wear, or to share, with someone special!


Here is another stunning example of a Lover's Eye Token by Theresa Martin.






No comments:

Post a Comment